Sunday, January 9, 2022

BLOG # 18: Longing for you

 



    Why is it that my heart longs only for your soul? Tis' as if my hands were made to caress the lines on your cheeks and hold you tightly as we stride gleefully into the sunkissed beach. I'll remind you of the bliss I felt staring at those codeine eyes: a warm embrace that felt like home --- never lonely and alone. 
      I find it unbearable that your presence takes manifest in the night, while I lie awake weeping for your absence in these ungodly lights; no days bleaker when you left, no sorrow greater than when we last met.
     Darling, I'll keep your name hidden wherever fate might lead me to, I'll whisper your name in the deepest of my slumber, and I'll envelop you with the songs that spelled your complexion --- and love you when all else fails you. 
  And when the soles of your feet are tired from the rigors of your toil, I'll carry you close into the zeal of my arms that hopelessly fell for you. I'll hold you when your blue and cheer you through.
  I shall let it be known with my words that you and you alone will the contours of my prose ever take place. But when my words fail you at the moment of your dire need, in silence then we shall speak. 
  If this love is too great a vice, then my beloved, let me wallow in the virtue of your love.
                                                     


0 comments:

Post a Comment