Saturday, January 29, 2022

Blog # 26: A place in your world

 



    You know, I would love to be a part of your coveted world of which you are the sole proprietor and magistrate; a kingdom that yields to no one but at peace with everyone. For a long while, many have sought to conquer this land of yours, but none had succeeded. But as opposed to them, I've no intention of laying siege to your kingdom; I came here in peace to earn a place in your heart with nothing but with these bare hands.
I couldn't care more if you've not any urge to spare me of your precious time or attention, for I will have long since begun the toil you've not asked of me --- that is, adore you.
        Dearest, it is no small feat to gain leverage within that barbaric heart of yours that could tear any empty and fancy rhetoric of typical men, but I would have you known that such impediments are of little significance to a man of my obtuseness! I long for you! How is this any lesser than your will? I've mine too. Let me dazzle in the fire of your love if need be:
Let me coddle and cosset you in the harshest of your winter that not the slightest whiff of air will escape from my clutch:
I'll sew the seams of your chafing heart from all that you've sustained from this world;
I'll iron the wrinkles of your past without judgments nor condescension; and not a day will pass without your having known that you are no less than stardust and, I, a humble mortal allured only by your splendor.
I have only in my capacity to dedicate it wholly to you without pride and regret.
One of these days, I will take you strolling in these streets in the cold summer's eve and boldly stare at you blankly while you tell me the best of your days.
My dear, I know not anything other than this,
other than knowing you,
other than longing for you,
other than being with you,
other than to cherish you.
        In a word, I love you.
I love you for your anxieties, worries, doubts, pride, arrogance, compassion, humility, stupidity, ingenuity, boorishness, congeniality, irony, decisiveness, and perplexity.
Wherever your shadow and light may lie, rest assured that all of my unwavering love accompanies you. 
For my beloved, in your life, I've seen all there is to see and everything that has lived and will eternally live. 
And as Neruda as my witness, 
'I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul'
You are the most spectacular woman I've ever had the honor of capably loving, and as I remain veneered by the edifice across the street while you hold his hands... I knew that I have loved you with all that might entail: even if it were to break my heart. 


                                                                  

0 comments:

Post a Comment